Press Room - Project RC5-56
Press and Articles Related to Project RC5-56
- Subdivide and Conquer at Windows Magazine (Oct 12, 1997)
- Netly News Article on cnn.com (Sept 24, 1997)
- Crypto Bill Foiled! (Wired: July 22, 1997)
- InfoWorld's Article on the Bovine RC5 Effort (July 14, 1997)
- Federal approval to export Netscape Communicator with strong 128-bit encryption (June 24, 1997)
- Encryption export rules eased (May 8, 1997)
- House panel approves crypto bill (April 30, 1997)
- Users take crack at 56-bit crypto (April 8, 1997)
- [[media:19970303_-_PR_-_flood2.pdf | wired.com's article about the genx flooding] (March] 3, 1997)
- [[media:19970303_-_PR_-_flood1.pdf |wired.com's article about the genx flooding] (March 1, 1997)
If you spot any articles about the RSA encryption contests, send us the URL!
Links that have passed on (Broken...)
http://www.news.com/Rumors/0,29,,00.html: Bovine RC5 mentioned in rumor mill at News.Com (Sept 8, 1997) http://www.yahoo.com/headlines/970623/tech/stories/encrypt_1.html: White House Wins Encryption Victory (June 23, 1997) http://www.cnn.com/TECH/9706/19/crypto.challenge.ap/: CNN's Computer group unites to break computer code (June 19, 1997) http://msnbc.com/news/81218.asp: MSNBC's Brute-force attack cracks 56-bit crypto (June 18, 1997)
Press Related To The Solving of RC5-56
It is a great privilege and we are excited to announce that at 13:25 UTC on 19-Oct-1997, we found the correct solution for RSA Labs' RC5-32/12/7 56-bit secret-key challenge. Confirmed by RSA Labs, the key 0x532B744CC20999 presented us with the plaintext message for which we have been searching these past 250 days...
- 4th Cracking Of 56-Bit Code Shows Need For Longer Keys -- Newsbytes News Network
Stark Raving Mad - 11/19/97 -- WinResource -=Project Bovine Cracks the RC5-56=- -- System Failure Sekurity
- Distributed Computing -- Boardwatch
- Nasceu a inteligência conectiva -- Expresso (Portugese)
Team rises to RSA's 56-Bit RC5 Challenge -- InternetWeek's Security Monitor
- It's time to move to a longer keylength. -- Tasty Bits from the Technology Front
- Programmers Crack RSA Encryption Code - Computer Reseller News/Techweb
- 56-Bit-Verschlüsselung geknackt - PC Welt (German)
- Cracked Code Reveals Security Limits - New York Times.
- Crack 56-Bit Rc5 Encryption - CNN (ZDNet wire)
- Schlüsselknacker wieder erfolgreich - Heise Online: Germany.
- RC5 Bovine - encontrada la solución - es.comp.hackers
- Japanese Article on RC5-56 cracking
- Team Breaks 56-bit Crypto, Wins $10,000 - Net Insider/Techweb
- MacNN's blurb - Note the mispelled name.
- RSA: 56-bit encryption too weak - news.com
- Programmers crack 56-bit RC5 Encryption - ZDNet Full story.
- RC5 contest complete - Short blurb on Macos Rumors.
- Programmers crack 56-bit RC5 Encryption - PCWeek Online (ZDNet story tho)
- RSA's Press Release - on RSA's site
- [mirror/zdnet-burst-news.10-22-97.html News burst from ZDNet.]
- BrowserWatch Bovine Does RC5
- Slashdot's announcement that distributed.net cracks RC5
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/97/10/22/msft_sdti_1.html: RSA's Press Release - on Yahoo