distributed.net Pre-Release Files
This is PRE-RELEASE Software. Please Read Completely before Downloading.
The following downloads are PRE-RELEASE versions. In an effort to provide quality software at release time we will PRE-RELEASE software for bug checking. There are two major types of versions available on this page:
- release-candidate These versions are not time restricted and will generally become release-worthy in at minimum 7 days if no significant bugs are found. If significant bugs are found, clients may be removed and replaced with fixed versions for another 7 days. In most cases, clients are staged here for a period longer than the minimum and promoted to the release page together in groups based on their version numbers in order to maximize testing stability.
- beta These versions have time-limits and will expire after a few days. Clients are removed after expiry. Additional beta versions may be made available after bugfixes and review. Please note that beta clients may not be continuously available due to ongoing development and review processes.
These versions should not be used for widespread distribution. The files available here are intended for limited use by people who are willing to help us test these binaries before they are announced for general availability. If you do use them please pay attention to this page and the released client pages for any updates.
People who use these binaries must be willing to watch their clients carefully after installing them (to notice/report anomalous behavior). Additionally, they must retain access to the machine to be able to rapidly update it to the latest version if the binary is updated with another pre-release or release binary (do not install on machines that will be going out of your control anytime soon).
Please submit bugs on our bug reporting page.
Remember that these versions are not officially released yet and can be removed at any time. If you notice that the version you are using has been removed from this page and not promoted to the release page, you should discontinue using that version immediately.
|Mac OS X/Darwin|
|1||[x86]||v2.9111.520a||2014-06-20||http | ftp|
|2||[amd64/CUDA]||v2.9111.520a||2014-06-20||http | ftp|
|3||[AMD64]||v2.9111.520a||2014-06-20||http | ftp|
|1. Release candidate. 32-bit. Mac OS X 10.7 or higher only.|
2. Release candidate. nVidia CUDA video card accelerated client. RC5-72 only. CUDA 5.5, OS X 10.7+, 64-bit CPU. See readme.cuda.
3. release candidate. 64-bit. Mac OS X 10.7 or higher only.
|4||[CellBE]||v2.9111.520||2014-02-03||http | ftp|
|4. Cell Broadband Engine, PlayStation 3. Release candidate.|
client v2.910x contain support for OGR-NG, which is needed for OGR-26 and beyond. Please keep these items in mind when running one of these versions.
- These clients communicate with the DNS address *.v29.distributed.net.
- These v2.910x clients can only send/receive OGR-NG packets when communicating with a proxy of build 343 or higher. Clients will still be able to do RC5-72 packets if communicating with a proxy of build 330 or higher.
- Proxies build 335 or higher will only communicate to clients v2.8015.469 or higher. Proxies build 341 or higher will only communicate to upstream servers also of build 341 or higher.
- All RC5-72 workunits are now a multiple of size 2^32. Starting with v2.9103-509, the client allows the selection of a preferred blocksize when connecting to a proxy of build 347 or higher. The default preferred blocksize may vary depending on the client platform.
- All BETA clients will print out a status message every 10 minutes reminding you that you are running a BETA client, and how much time remains before your version will expire.
- Although most of the RC5-72 cores in these clients are now partially optimized, we still welcome contributions of further core improvements. See the source code page for more details.
- Please do not send questions regarding these pre-release clients to any of the mailing lists. You are instead encouraged to ask them on IRC or by e-mailing support.